Both events are start at 10:30am in the Rotunda in Logan Reserve in Pier St, Altona. The Fix It workshop runs until 2:30pm while the swap finishes at 11:30am.
THB is running Fixit Don't Landfill It! as part of the Sustainable Living Festival's fortnight of local events.
We will be sharpening manual garden tools and assisting with basic bike repairs*. So bring along your blunt garden tools or your bike that may need some TLC or just come along to chat to other interested locals and watch the repair workshop in action. This event will run along side the regular monthly Altona Foodswap** for the first hour at the same location so it will be possible to get involved in both events.
*The repair work will be done by local volunteers passionate about cycling and gardening and our skills and tools will have limitations and there will be no responsibility taken nor warranty of any kind supplied for the work carried out.
** If you haven't been to a foodswap before and aren't sure what you can bring along to swap, have a look at this helpful list of what you can swap-
- homegrown fruit, vegies, nuts or eggs
- gardening goodies (coffee grounds, shredded paper, lawn clippings, homemade mulch or compost, worm juice, worm castings)
- recycled hessian sacks
- something you've baked (cake, bread, biscuits)
- recycled jam jars
- seeds you've saved, seedlings and cuttings you've raised (edible stuff)
- copies of your favorite seasonal recipes
- gardening magazines or gardening books you've read
- homemade preserves (relishes, jams, lemon butter, tomato sauce, cordial, ginger beer)
Written by Wendy Clarke