The responsibilities of the SEAG are to:
- provide informed and constructive advice on the Hobsons Bay Environment Strategy, Greenhouse Action Plan, Water Plan, Stormwater Management Plan and Waste and Litter Management Plan.
- advise the Council on community priorities and key issues related to environmental sustainability.
- raise community awareness of environmental sustainability.
- represent a range of sectors and opinions relating to sustainability and environment, including community, agency, industry, etc.
- provide specific and targeted feedback on a range of Council policies, strategies, and key environmental stewardship initiatives
- support the Council’s efforts to maintain strong and close networks between individuals, groups, organisations, businesses and government agencies in pursuit of environmental stewardship outcomes.
Calling for committee members
Hobsons Bay City Council is calling for nominations to join SEAG for the 2016-2017 year. Council is seeking enthusiastic individuals who are willing to discuss and provide advice on a broad range of topics to assist Council in its decision making.
Interested candidates will be required to complete the nomination form below by answering the following four questions:
- What is your interest in becoming a member of the Hobsons Bay City Council’s Sustainable Environment Advisory Group (SEAG)?
- What is your understanding of environmental sustainability related issues, for the Council, as an individual and the local and regional community?
- What is your understanding of the Council’s role in environmental sustainability?
- What skills and experiences will you contribute to the role of SEAG and representation of your organisation or sector?
For more information, go to: http://www.hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au/Council/Mayor-Councillors/Council-Committees/Sustainable-Environment-Advisory-Group
Applications close 5.11.15